There are binge-worthy TV shows and movie series–but what about books? Today we’re discussing what awesome YA series are binge-worthy, and totally worth it.
- The PRETTY LITTLE LIARS series by Sara Shepard. Now, you might know about this super-long, #1 NYT Bestselling series-turned-TV show, and you might think devoting your time to a 16-book series is preposterous; but trust me, you guys, you want to read this series. It’s jam-packed with mystery, drama, secrets, and lies. Perfect for fans of Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian’s BURN FOR BURN or Sona Charaipotra/Dhonielle Clayton’s TINY PRETTY THINGS. There’s also diversity of the LGBTQIA+ variety, which is always a plus. Each of the books in the series are one-sitting reads, so you can read the entire series within the span of 1/2 month – 1 month, flat.
- Going off of PLL, the TINY PRETTY THINGS duology is also a must-read. Again, this series focuses on secrets, lies, and backstabbing (just a few of our favourite things–to read about of course), and has a diverse focus (yay!). Book 2, SHINY BROKEN PIECES, comes out this Tuesday, July 12, and we’ve seen book 1 in paperback in the wild already! As soon as book 2 is available, be sure to binge-read this one.
- THE MURDER COMPLEX duology by Lindsay Cummings. Another two-book series that’ll only take you two days to read (or less, if you’re a speed reader!) TMC is told in split POV, and the writing is easy to follow without being overly simple. We appreciate the poetic style book 2 took on, and we think if you’re looking for a good YA dystopia out there, this one’s your best bet!
- Another series you DEFINITELY want to binge-read is the FALLING KINGDOMS series by Morgan Rhodes. We’ve talked about our love for this series quite a few times on this blog, but in case you didn’t know, FALLING KINGDOMS is basically a YA Game of Thrones. Lots of blood, romance, and death. Oh, and morally grey characters (aren’t those the best?).
- THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS series by Cassandra Clare. Basically, any series by Cassie Clare is pretty much binge-worthy, but this one is her longest. While I won’t say I’m the biggest fan of some of the books in this series, these are ultimately really quick reads, and there are lots of lovable characters and snark. (Who doesn’t love some sass in their characters?) There’s also a lot of character development to be appreciated, as well! And there’s Simon. Who’s pretty much the best.And that’s our list! A few binge-worthy YA series to steal you away from your weekly Netflix binge. (Don’t worry, you’ll come back to episode 22 soon enough.) What are some of your favourite binge-worthy series? Until next time, readers!