Hey, all! I (Sasha) posted a poll on Twitter asking you guys what we should post on our blog next, and most people voted for Fave Books of 2016! This post was also partially influenced by a post Ava @ Bookishness and Tea wrote, all about her favourite 2016 reads! So, without further ado, here are our favourite reads of 2016 so far!
- WOLF BY WOLF by Ryan Graudin. Sarena and I both read this book, and it’s such an amazing reimagining of WWII–if the Axis powers won. This book has some of the most amazing writing we’ve ever encountered in YA. Graudin has beautiful prose, and still manages to keep this a fast-paced read. We reviewed this book on our blog, and you can read it here.
- SALT TO THE SEA by Ruta Sepetys. I’m actually in the middle of this one (and it’s quite good!) but Sarena already read it in February and looooved it. She’s a huge fan of Sepetys’ work and historical fiction in general. A must-read for historical fic fans!
- THE WRATH AND THE DAWN by Renee Ahdieh. This is a powerhouse debut rich with lush writing and characters you will fall head-over-heels (*cough* Khalid *cough*) for.
- LADY MIDNIGHT by Cassandra Clare. I read this one shortly after CoHF, and guys–I thought it was better than City of Heavenly Fire. It was action-packed, mysterious, and had so many swoony OTPs. Such a great read! It felt very fresh, even though it was a world I’d visited many times before. Look out for a review very soon!
- RUIN AND RISING by Leigh Bardugo. I read this one last year (and loved it), but Sarena didn’t read it until this year, and boy did she love it! It was such an amazing finale full of twists and turns. And that cover! *heart eyes*
- BEYOND THE RED by Ava Jae. This is a fantastic debut novel that Sarena had the pleasure of reading back in January. (Thanks, Edelweiss, for the eARC!). If you love anything sci-fi, BEYOND THE RED definitely fills that Star Wars hangover we’re all having until Rogue One releases 😉
And that’s it! Tell us–what are your favourite reads of 2016 so far? Until next time,