Hey, all! The end of the year is near (that rhymed…) and we want to talk ALL about the books we read! So we thought we’d do the “End of Year Book Survey” hosted by the lovely Jamie over at Perpetual Page Turner. Let’s get started!
2015 Reading Stats:
- Number Of Books You Read: Sarena – 60 (going for 61); Sasha – 76
- Number of Re-Reads: Sarena – 0; Sasha – 2
- Genre You Read The Most From: (Both) YA Fantasy
Best in Books
1. Best Book You Read In 2015? Sarena – An Ember in the Ashes; Sasha – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t? Sarena – Siege and Storm; Sasha – Truthwitch (review coming soon!)
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read? Sarena – The Merciless (it was really good!); Sasha – Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (ended up loving it way more than I thought I would)
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
We both pushed our mom to read The Murder Complex and The Balance Keepers by Lindsay Cummings, and she did!
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015? Sarena – Throne of Glass, Fire with Fire, Winter; Sasha – Falling Kingdoms, The Death Code, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015? (Both) Sabaa Tahir
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Sarena – Walk on Earth a Stranger (Western); Sasha – The Merciless (Horror)
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Sarena – The Merciless; Sasha – Before I Go to Sleep
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year? Sarena – The Wrath and the Dawn (she listened to this one via audiobook, so she’d like to read it from the physical copy!); Sasha – maybe any of the ToG books, but I’m not sure I’ll reread it next year
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015? Sarena – The Wrath and the Dawn; Sasha – Insurgent
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Sarena – Simon (from Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda); Sasha – Thorne (The Lunar Chronicles)
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015? Sarena – Falling into Place; Sasha – Dreams of Gods and Monsters
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015? Sarena – Falling into Place; Sasha – Still Alice
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read? Sarena – Revealed by MP Haddix; Sasha – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (obviously…) 😛
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
We wrote a blog post all about our favourite book quotes of 2015–view it HERE.
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
17. Book That Shocked You The Most (Both) Gathering Darkness (review HERE)
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!) Sarena – Miki and Jackson (The Game Trilogy); Sasha – Cress and Thorne (The Lunar Chronicles)
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year Sarena – Rowan and Celaena (Heir of Fire); Sasha – Safi and Iseult (best friends in Truthwitch)
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously Sarena – Magnus Chase #1: The Sword of Summer; Sasha – Queen of Shadows
21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure: Sarena – Burn for Burn; Sasha – Sabriel (Sarena forced that one upon me, and it was SO GOOD)
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015? Sarena – Magnus from Falling Kingdoms; Sasha – Arin from The Winner’s Crime
23. Best 2015 debut you read? (Both) An Ember in the Ashes
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year? Sarena – An Ember in the Ashes; Sasha – The Kiss of Deception
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read? (Both) Magnus Chase (aka the funniest Rick Riordan book YET!)
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015? Sarena – The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry; Sasha – Clockwork Princess
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul? Sarena – Gathering Darkness; Sasha – Heir of Fire
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015? Sarena – Made You Up; Sasha – Illuminae
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)? (Both) The Heir (just because the MC is a little frustrating)
Your Blogging/Bookish Life
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015? Kaitlin at Next Page Please! (But there are so, SO many more amazing blogs we discovered this year! We’ll be making a shout-out post for them all soon!)
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015? A Book of Spirits and Thieves by Morgan Rhodes
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog? On Diversity in Kid Lit
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)? The Summer Blogger Promo Tour we took part in was SO much fun and we met so many amazing bloggers. ❤
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015? Probably the #BookmasTO party we went to a few weeks ago! It was basically an event for Toronto bloggers to come together and talk BOOKS! We loved meeting people we knew virtually in real life!
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year? Maybe just keeping up with having a steady posting schedule, especially with school!
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)? The Mockingjay P2 Teaser Trailer Reaction!
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love? Perhaps the Emoji Book Tag! We don’t do tags often, so this one was fun and we’d love for more people to read it!
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)? We randomly found a convenience store one day, and in the back, guess what was there? BOOKS. Tons of books. For $2 each! Let’s just say we got a few books that day. 😉
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year? Sarena didn’t reach her original goal of 70 books, but hey, she read more than last year, so that’s all that matters. Right? Right. And I read 76, soooo *happy dances*
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016? Sarena – Queen of Shadows; Sasha – The Wrath and the Dawn
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For in 2016 (non-debut)? Sarena – The Trials of Apollo #1: The Hidden Oracle; Sasha – Heartless
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating? (Both) The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye (we are both part of the street team)
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016? Sarena – A Torch Against the Night; Sasha – The Raven King
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016? Sarena: Read more Middle Grade novels! Sasha: Post more often/read whenever I can 🙂
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Unfortunately we’ve hardly read any 2016 releases, and those we have have not been our faves. But we do recommend you pick up Truthwitch if you want in on the hype 🙂
Thanks for reading, and happy new year!