Hey, all! It’s that time of year again. BOOKTUBE-A-THON TIME! This year, the readathon will take place from August 3rd – August 9th. If you want to see the video one of the read-a-thon creators made on the reading challenges, I (Sasha) will link it HERE! Without further ado, here are the books we’ll be reading next week!
1) Thirty Days and Thirty Nights by Christian Edwards (challenge: read a book without letting go of it. This is a short story, so that should be easy …)
2) The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness (challenge: read a book by an author whose last name starts with the first letter of your last name. We also made a joke that Sarena should use this book for the “never letting go” challenge because of its title …)
3) Blackthorn Key by Kevin Sands (challenge: read a book you really want to read. Also, this works for ARC August, which we’ll be making a post about soon too! Yay!)
4) Dreamland by Robert L. Anderson (challenges: read the book you most recently acquired; read a book with blue on the cover. This also works for ARC August!)
And now, onto Sasha’s TBR:
1) An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir (challenge: read a book you really want to read)
2) A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis (challenges: read the book you most recently acquired (we got this book in the mail with Dreamland); read a book with blue on the cover–also for ARC August!)
3) Sabriel by Garth Nix (challenges: read someone else’s favourite book (this is one of Sarena’s favourite series and she’s been pushing me to read it since last October … guess I finally will …); read a book without letting go of it (I highly doubt this will happen, and if I happen to finish all of these books before the week’s end, I’ll read THE WEREWOLF OF FEVER SWAMP by R.L. Stine for this challenge); and read a book by an author whose last name starts with the first letter of your last name!) Whew, that was a long sentence!
Let us know if you’re participating in the read-a-thon! It will be so much fun!