Happy International Women’s Day, everyone! Today we wanted to share all our favourite books with strong female main characters! Here we go:
1. CINDER from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. We love Cinder so much! She’s so fierce, and doesn’t give up. Two great qualities in a main character!
2. KATNISS from The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. We love Katniss’ character (maybe not so much in the third book, but oh well) and she’s such an interesting character to read about!
3. MEADOW from The Murder Complex duology by Lindsay Cummings. Meadow can sometimes be a little scary but boy is she awesome! It’s refreshing to read about a female protagonist like her.
4. CELAENA SARDOTHIEN from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. Okay, Celaena might be great at being an assassin, but her love for reading shows that she has a compassionate side as well. She’s gone through a lot of tough things in her life too, which makes her back-story all the more interesting.
5. KAROU from the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy by Laini Taylor. (AKA the best trilogy ever, just saying.) We absolutely love Karou and fell in love with her from page one!
6. TESSA GRAY from The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare. Though only I (Sasha) have read the first book, I absolutely love her character! She’s independent and even though she’s thrown into the Shadowhunter world, she deals with it pretty well. Plus, bonus points for her love of reading, too.
Aaand that’s it! Tell us your favourite female protagonists! I’m sure there’s plenty more awesome ones–the list goes on and on! Until next time,